Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Night

When I posted on Friday night I thought all would be calm this weekend and we would hear no rumors. I woke up on Saturday AM and Pat took the boys out for their Saturday morning routine of Dunkin Donuts and haircuts. I sit down and start my morning routine of checking e - mail, blogs and RQ. Imagine my surprise when RQ reports that 2 agencies are expecting to receive packages on Monday and Tuesday. We have no "official" idea what is in these packages but we can think that they may be REFERRALS! When I read that packages may arrive on either Monday or Tuesday I think I may have started to shake! I have spent the weekend trying to prepare myself that we may not get our referral this month and we may have to wait until August. I am praying with all my might that we will receive our referral this month and possibly tomorrow but there is a part of me that expects the worse. How can you not expect the worse when your wait is already over 3x longer than expected!

We however have not lost all hope and have done a few things to prepare for "the call". We tried out my speaker phone on my cell and we have the voice recorder all ready to go so we can record the conversation that will change our lives forever. I have "the call" sheet on the counter ready to fill out all the important information about our daughter. I even purchased a great new camera this weekend and spent the weekend taking pictures and loving how great the zoom is and the no delay it has!! It is a Cannon Powershot and has a 10x zoom and 8MP. This is the camera we have to have for China!
I am hoping that we hear SOMETHING tomorrow, even if it is just a cutoff date. I plan on trying to get some sleep tonight and then a day of stalking RQ for any rumor I can get my hand on! I will leave you with a few pics from my new camera.

2 comments:

Stephe said...

Awe, I am so anxious for you, I can only imagine how anxious you must been. My fingers are crossed that you hear something, anything today... at least maybe the cut off dates. Hugs. Stephe

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new electronic toys and I'm glad to see that you guys were able to get out of the house and relax and enjoy the weekend (even if you had other things on your mind). Here's hoping for a good day for both of us!

- Dave and Sandy