Sunday, October 26, 2008

Red Couch Photo

Today was the infamous red couch photo. All the babies in the group get dressed up in traditional Chinese outfits and are placed on a red couch at the White Swan and have their picture taken. You can imagine what it is like getting 11 babies to sit on a couch for a picture; pure chaos! I have read about this tradition for a long time on adoption blogs and it was almost surreal when we were doing it. We know finally have our "Red Couch" photo. Lily is the 3rd from the right in pink in the top row.







We also visited a Buddhist temple and has the babies blessed and then went to the Jade store. It is a Chinese tradition for a mother to wear a jade bracelet and then give it to her daughter when she gets married. Guess who has a jade bracelet? It is beautiful and I love it!

We have also discovered that Lily loves Ramen Noodles. It is so cute watching her eat them! We have 2 more days here and then we head back to Beijing and then we fly home Wednesday. I am ready to go home to be a family of 5! To say I miss the boys is an understatement! I love China and the trip has been amazing but I can't wait to introduce Lily to the rest of her forever family!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! I think that is the best "Red Couch" picture ever. No one was crying. The babies are just beautiful. I could pick out Lily and Emma right away.

I can't believe your trip is almost over!

Hugs,
Lori**

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures.
Looks like a WOnderful day..

Debbie said...

love the red couch picture .. it feels like your trip has gone SO fast! i can't believe you head home on wednesday ... the boys are going to go crazy over miss lily!! all the best -- debbie

Jennifer said...

Wow! You come home Wednesday and we head out! I've so enjoyed reading your blog and acquainting myself once again with what we are about to encounter. Thank you for sharing your journey!

I have to agree with Lori, that red couch picture is one of the best I've seen. God job, girls!

Best wishes for a safe trip home!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

We follow Wren's blog too! How funny - I loved Dave's referral estimator (well, love/hate). We had the same LID as all of you - Jan 27, but went SN in the summer of 2007. Tell him I enjoy his blog - I don't think he allows comments! Congrats on a FABULOUS red couch pic - that is one of the best ones I've seen. Lucy

Nina said...

Love the red couch photo!!

The pictures of Lily eating ramen noodles is priceless. So glad she seems to be feeling better!!

It's amazing that your trip is almost over. Thanks for sharing your wonderful journey!

PS We leave Tuesday night!!

Abby & Michael said...

Melissa, Pat and Lily:

We've had such a great time following along with your blog and trip. We wish you a safe and uneventful trip home. You sound like us with missing the family back in the States! Lily is such a lucky little girl, and all that waiting for her is hopefully a distant memory.

Best Regards,

Michael and Abby

Anonymous said...

that is such a cute picture!! hope lily is feeling better. can't wait for wednesday
love
britt