Thursday, October 9, 2008

7 Days!!!!

One week from right now I will be sitting on an United plane heading to Beijing. Unbelievable. People keep asking me how I feel. I feel excited. I am not nervous about going to China, although I have only been to the Caribbean, I do feel comfortable traveling to China. I know our agency will take care of everything while we are in China. I have had 3 years to read about other's adoption trips to China and I feel like I am very prepared and know what to expect. I will miss the boys; I will miss the hugs and kisses, the smell of their sweaty heads after they play, the smell of them freshly bathed. I will miss the "I love yous", the "hey mamma, guess what?". I may even miss the 5:00 o'clock whining... Ok, that's a lie I will not miss that! I am truly blessed because I know my boys will be well cared for by their grandparents. I could never leave for 2 weeks without the love support of my mom and mother in law!

Although I am not nervous I am worried. I am worried because Lily may have been fed tainted formula in her first few weeks of life. Some children in China who have had this formula have been diagnosed with kidney stones. I know for a fact Lily's orphanage received donated formula (the main brand that was recalled) last February. It makes me sick to think Lily was given this formula in her first weeks of life. There is nothing we can do until we get home and visit her pediatrician and the IA pediatrician. I do however do not underestimate the power of prayer. This is a bit of a rambling post but I guess that's what happens when I am 7 days away from traveling to China to get our daughter!!

8 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

You will be fine - just enjoy your time and soak in as much as you can! The people are so kind and generous! You will have a blast. Wishing you the best. Lucy

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for you! I will continue to pray for you, your trip, your entire family! Keep good thougths! God Bless, Melissa

Paula said...

We'll also be praying for you and your family. You will have an excellent time!

Paula

Lori said...

Oh, Miss M ....I'm so excited for you guys! This is your last weekend before you travel !! Wow ! Have fun and enjoy every minute.

Hugs,
Lori**
2.16.06

the mommy said...

Melissa, we are praying that everything is fine with Lily and we are so excited for your trip. We are looking forward to watching your journey every step of the way...Just enjoy yourself and soak all of it in...

Nina said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Two days to go... soon you'll have precious Lily in your arms!!

As far as the formula goes, it's so hard not to worry. I totally get how you feel. The good news is Lily looks healthy and happy, and you'll be doing everything possible to keep her that way.

Safe and happy travels!

Hugs,
Nina

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I remember so well what that felt like. I would recommend trying to get as much sleep as possible on the plane - you'll need it. I took some ambien on the flight and actually the first couple of nights, before we met the girls,so I would be well-rested. Can't wait to see you there!

Debbie said...

i am sooo excited for you to have your lily ... finally!!! we made it to this place. it felt like it would never happen. i will be following your journey every day & praying for lily's health.

all the best -- debbie