Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Getting to Know Each Other




Yesterday was a busy morning and we started our day at Walmart. Walmart in China is a whole new experience! We picked up some essentials, like snacks and a few diapers. We visited a local park and took a nice walk. After the park we went to a local restaurant for lunch. The food was amazing! Fried lotus and steamed pumpkin were my favorites!
Unfortunately, Lily is a little sick. She is fighting a cold and has something going on with her stomach. She has only had diarrhea diapers and threw up yesterday. She is so brave and only whimpers a little and I know she is having stomach pain. We have given her some Ceralyte and hoping she can work whatever she has threw her system. We were still able to get laughs and smiles from her and they are priceless. She smiles just like her referral picture!
Today we are off for a visit to the orphanage. I can't believe we get to go and I know it will be an emotional day.
Oh, I am getting all emails and I appreciate them! For some reason I can not send them, I am getting an error message. Sorry!

7 comments:

Paula said...

Enjoy the orphanage visit. We were so happy we were able to go to Jess's. It's great to have pics from there to show her later.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great posts and pictures...I am checking daily now and the girls are starting to check with me!! Your journey has been so wonderful and I love sharing it with my friends! Enjoy the rest of your time in China and have a safe trip home! We can't wait to meet Lily!
XOXO
Matt, Rebecca, Madelyn, Grace and Katie

Lori said...

Great posts, Miss M! The picture of Lily in the carrier looks like her legs are on backwards or her head turns all the way around. Hehehehe She is just so cute !!

Hugs,
Lori

Karen said...

Melissa! Lily is precious! Her eyes say it all! She has such a cute personality! I'm so happy for you and Pat! I hope Lily gets over her stomach bug quickly!

Hugs,
Karen

the mommy said...

Melissa how cute are the two of you?.....I hope she feels better soon...

Debbie said...

i am enjoying checking in on your blog every day ... thank you for sharing the journey with lily! she is sooooo cute! i can't wait to meet her one day on a trip to the east coast.

all the best -- debbie

Anonymous said...

Miss and Pat,

Congratulations! The blog has been great, and it is great to hear Lily, mom and dad are adjusting. Please keep us up to speed, and we cannot wait to meet Lily in Walpole!!

Mingo and Amy (and Lauren)