Monday, October 20, 2008

Officially a Devine

I just have to say that Lily is perfect! Yesterday was so smooth. We arrived at the office before the babies and were brought into a big room. All the families sat down and prepared for the babies. We made bottles, took out toys and of course had the cameras ready! We waited about 20 minutes and they they started calling the babies names. A baby would enter the room with a nanny and then each family would be called. We were the third family called and I just remember trying to hold back the tears so I wouldn't scare Lily. The nanny told Lily I was her mamma and then placed her in my arms. She came right to me and never cried. I just held her close and couldn't believe that after all this time we were together. She fit perfectly in my arms and was exactly the size I expected. Pat was so patient and it was a few minutes before I realized he still had not held his daughter. She went easily to her daddy and they had some bonding time together. We stayed at the office for about another 30 minutes while the nannies gave us some things back that we had sent including the 2 disposable cameras and a book of questions I had sent there were all answered! We also receives another photo album and a necklace as a gift from the orphanage. The caretakers are truly amazing and we are so thankful for pictures from right when she was found. We got on the bus and she guzzled her extra warm 4 oz. bottle right down! Once back in the room she had another 4 oz. bottle and we just stared at her in amazement! We spent the rest of the day filling out paperwork and getting everything ready for her Chinese passport. We went back to the Provincial office to take our oath and to make everything final.
She has not cried and has just been soaking everything in. We think she is probably internalizing everything. After a nap yesterday she was defiantly scared and sad but we took things slow and brought out the Cheerios. Cheerios are our friend!! She had a great dinner and she LOVES to eat! She ate tofu and noodle soup and could not get enough! During dinner she even had her first poop which is a big deal because sometimes babies hold back when stressed. After dinner she seemed more relaxed so we decided to try the bath, she really needed it! She LOVED her bath and though splashing was very fun. She had another bottle and went to bed at 8:00, woke up at 3:30 for a bottle and is still sleeping at 7:00!
She is very strong and can sit completely independently and can crawl!! We have a mover!! We are hoping for a few more smiles today and hopefully we can get some pictures and video of smiles today. Here are a few more pictures to hold you all over. Her nannies told us she was "good and perfect" and we couldn't agree more!

15 comments:

Debbie said...

i cannot get over just how precious she is!!! so happy things are going so well for the devine family in china!!!! congrats, again!

love to you -- debbie

Anonymous said...

This just gets better and better! Am loving every moment of this.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Wow, Congrats Missy & Pat! She's beautiful.

Lori said...

Oh, guys ...what a gift to get all your questions answered. You'll have to tell me all about that. Were your questions written in Chinese? She is just beautiful. Congratulations ! I hope you and the Crisman's can have a Champagne moment !

Hugs,
Lori**

Jenna said...

Oh my God Melissa!!! I am touched and amazed and so happy for you! I love reading the updates and seeing her beautiful little face. You and Pat are on the journey of your lives with Lily and your little boys. God bless you all....

the mommy said...

WOW what a day... She is beautiful.. we are so happy for you all

Sharon said...

She's a doll!!! Great post. Have a great trip discovering your daughter's personality. The time will fly by.

Sharon

Stephe said...

I'm with Denise, I'm loving every moment of this!!! I think I must rethink the book of questions. How amazing. Love ya, Stephe

Diane said...

Hi Melissa! Lily is just downright scrumptious! I feel like I am reliving our time in China reading your posts! Trust me, it just gets better and better, too! She is perfect!
Love,
Di

Sarah said...

I'm hanging on your every word Miss. I truly can't wait to meet Lily.
Love
Sarah

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I can never read enought "gotcha day" posts! What a happy family! Congrats!

Mike and Rhonda said...

She is truly perfect!

Nina said...

She's soooooo cute!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Doreen said...

She is just beautiful! Congrats!

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! LOOK AT THAT SMILE! We are loving the pictures!

Kate, Bri and Tommy :)