Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back in Beijing

Yesterday was our swearing in ceremony at the US Consulate and then we left for Beijing. We have our envelope with all of Lily's immigration paperwork and once we are in Chicago the envelope is opened and Lily is a US citizen!! Our 3 hour plane ride to Beijing went a lot better than before and Lily slept most of the time. We have Megan (Pat's sister) visiting us from Tongliao, she took a 13 hour train ride to see us for 5 hours!! We were so excited to see her and so glad she was able to see Lily!! We leave for Chicago at 4:00 today (Wednesday China time) and hopefully we will be in Boston at 9:30 Wednesday night. am really looking foreword to being back home with my boys!!!

8 comments:

the mommy said...

OMG look at that face... she is adorable. Have a wonderful trip home. We can't wait to hear all the details...

potsy said...

Hello

Debbie said...

Praying for you as you fly home to your boys for life as the Party Of FIVE!!

Stephe said...

Look at that little buddha belly in the swimsuit!!! How adorable.

I cannot believe you were able to see Pat's sister while in China. How amazing. Bless her for making that trip...now, that's LOVE!!!

Have a safe journey home!! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Missy, you know I've been a true blog stalker. Hope this is not the last installment of the book. You've been amazing allowing us to follow your journey both here at home and finally getting Lily. I know I'll want periodic updates on this China doll.

Love,
Denise

mskajlc said...

Love the swimsuit pic! Have a safe trip back home!

Judi said...

Echoing everyone's good wishes here - though I'm a bit worried for LonelyPaul. I think he got lost somewhere along the info superhighway.
You've allowed us to follow your journey - thank you so much! Your peanut is teeny and squishy and gorgeous and so funny. Hoping your return trip is going smoothly and quickly!
Skye

Anonymous said...

Well you must be home now! I hope the flight went as smoothly as possible.... We didn't make it to Logan but I'm sure plenty of people were there to greet you! I cannot imagine how exhausted you all are... YOu've got lots of adjusting to do and our thoughts and prayers are with the Devine family through this transition. I think Isla had her (4 month) checkup the same day as Lily...and they have similar dimensions! Isla is 26.5in and 15.25lbs. It's cool b/c I have an idea of Lily's size now. (I can't go from just numbers)
Anyway, blessings and please be in touch when you are ready!!!!!