Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lily and Mia


The end of a long day of playing!!
Bryce, Mia, Matty, Lily, Billy and Shea on top of couch.

Lily and Mia

We had some friends over Saturday afternoon that we have met through the adoption process. We met Abby and Mike last year at our waiting meetings and we bonded right away. They have a 4 year old son and Abby is a teacher; I think teachers tend to graviate towards each other! They brought their beautiful daughter Mia home from China last May and it was the first time I was able to see a family brought together through adoption. Karen and Bill also came over with their children Billy and Lily. I met Karen through our agency yahoo group and she only lives a few towns away. Karen and Bill brought Lily home from China in September and it was nice having a Lily in our home, even for just a few hours. We had a great time Saturday afternoon and seeing the girls together was awesome!! All the boys played so nicely and I just could not get enough info. from Karen and Abby on what to expect when we go to China. Karen had also brought along a DVD of her trip to China and watching their "gotcha" moment sent chills down my spine. I tried taking pictures all day but they kept coming out horrible. I had the camera on some setting that was making the pictures blurry so I was unable to get a lot of clear pictures. Finally I had Bill take a look at it and he worked his magic and fixed the camera. Thanks Bill!! Unfortunatly, at 7:00 none of the kids were in the mood to have their picture taken, as you can see by the following pictures. I had looked foreward to this visit all week and it was exactly the medicine I needed to get through this month of waiting!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It was nice of you to include our children. I will look forward to seeing all your updates. I put it into my favorites.

Karen

Colleen said...

Hey! I know Mike and Abby!! Where are you guys? In MA? Ms. Mia has gotten so big - she is so cute!!