Friday, March 23, 2007

I - 797C

We received our new I - 797 C today!! When we were putting our dossier together 18 months ago we had to apply for Immigration approval, aka I -797 C . This is a requirement of the US and it states that we are approved to bring an orphan into the US. This document is only valid for 18 months and it must be valid when we travel to China. So, we have been waiting for almost 14 months and we will not be in China by July 2007 so it was time to renew our I - 797C. Renewing this document meant we had to get another set of fingerprints, because they are only good for 15 months!! I just don't understand why my fingerprints have to expire but the FBI requires all adoptive parents to get refingerprinted if they have not received their child in 15 months. In the end and after another $720.00 our fingerprints and immigration approval are both updated and we are all set for China! Unfortunately, we still have quite a few more months to wait but let's just pray we do not have to do any more updating!!

No comments: