Monday, March 5, 2007

First Post

After 13 months of waiting for our daughter from China I have decided it is time to start a blog! It is amazing the things we have done during this extended wait that was never in our plan, including a trip to Disney and selling our house. So I guess this is one more thing to help pass the time. I have another website at lily.chinastork.com but I think I need another place to sort through some of the emotions with this never ending wait!!

This wait has been full of time deadlines that have come and gone. With a 1/26/06 LID I originally thought a fall 2006 referral, then I was sure our daughter would be home by Christmas! 2006 came and went but I had hoped we would bring Lily home for this summer and then that expectation was gone! I just could not imagine going through this summer without Lily but I stayed positive and thought about all the fun things we could do with the boys and I really thought we would have a picture by August. Well after referrals that came out today I am again disapointed and realizing we will be lucky to have her home for Christmas 2007! I can't even imagine that scenario but I have to be prepared!!

I will use this blog to talk about the adoption process and as a way to express some of the emotions I am feeling. I will write about the boys and the funny things they do to keep me sane.
So, I guess this is my first post. How did I do?

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by the blog! Good job on the start of yours too! You really aren't too far behind in the waiting game.