Saturday, August 30, 2008

The gift!


This a picture of Lily's orphanage.
A few days after our referral I joined a yahoo group for people who have adopted from the Yugan County Orphanage, where Lily is. A women contacted me saying she had visited the orphanage in April and she may have pictures of Lily. You can imagine my excitement when after I sent her Lily's pictures she sent me pictures of a baby she thought was Lily! This is a treasured gift from Lily's past that we may never have had if it was not for the kindness of a women named Carrie. It gets better! Carrie had also videotaped while she was there and sent me a 45 minute video of her visit to the orphanage. Lily is in the video for a few minutes but I was able to really see the orphanage, the room Lily is in and her caregivers. Again, how do I ever thank Carrie for this price less gift! Well, it still gets better!! During the video when Carrie is in Lily's room I saw the most amazing picture, a picture of Jesus! In a communist country, in a government building, there is a picture of Jesus right above Lily's head! I have prayed that our baby was being taken care, that she had felt the grace of God but to actually see this was just amazing! I can only hope that one day I can repay the gift I was given to another waiting family. If we are allowed to visit the orphanage I plan on taking lots of pictures and video and hopefully one day share those pictures and video with another waiting family!

3 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

How truly wonderful! What a gift to learn of her care and actually see the video!
We did the same thing and a very nice lady sent us pictures of our daughter she took when she was at the same orphanage. So sweet to be able to add pictures to her photo album.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Aimee said...

Miss, that's amazing! Congrats on having all these treasures from Lily's first few months to be able to share with her later, and enjoy every day until she's in your arms!

the mommy said...

So sweet.. that gives me chills what a gift...