Friday, August 8, 2008

Next Week

The original stork alert was wrong. We have more rumors from a few agencies that they were mailed from China on Thursday but not to expect them to next week. This week has been so long and full of disappointment. I have lost some of my excitement. I need to shake these feelings and start getting excited for next week. We are getting our referral and I am grateful for that. Nothing has been on my timeline so I should be used to it. I have to thank everybody who has been so supportive this week, from my family and friends to my friends in the adoption community. I would never have made it this far without all your kind words and support. I think I will have a little pity party but then I am off to celebrate the start of the Olympics with our good friends; the 99ers and their girls. I'll bounce back and be ready for next week!

9 comments:

Nina said...

Thanks for your encouraging message on our blog! I'm so excited for you. I hope the weekend races past and you get to see your baby's face first thing on Monday. How exciting :)

Debbie said...

melissa -- you have been sooooo patient. it gives new meaning to the word "patient". praying referrals arrive soon!!!!!

deb

Anonymous said...

I think that you will relate to the stamina of the athletes as you watch the Olympics. Just when you think you are there, you are asked to hold on for a little bit longer. You are so strong. I keep thinking that Lily must feel the excitement in the air.

Kate :)

Mike and Rhonda said...

You will find that thrill and joy! I can only imagine the emotional trauma that you have been through the past month (and many others).

Marjorie said...

You are SOO close. I can bet that last week was agony, but you should definitely see Lily's face this week (that is if Linda can translate really fast!). Even though I probably won't see pictures, I'm looking forward to hearing your referral story on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

After such a long pregnancy OF COURSE you're going to have the worst prodromal labor of all time (that's midwife lingo for stop-starts...I think this it! oh, wait, nope...) And you know what we say: it'll be MORE than worth it once it happens and ... you won't be pregnant forever!!!
We've been thinking of you all week...can't wait to hear the good news...whenever it is (we can safely say 'soon', though, right?).
lots of love,

Alyson and Ford said...

We were hoping for them to arrive by the 8th also. Next will be here soon... no more waiting by the month!!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Jenna said...

Well, you don't know me, but I've been following your blog for quite awhile. I don't think I've ever commented before, but I am sitting on pins and needles as you wait for your referral! I feel like it is family!

I'm praying for you today. I cannot WAIT to see your daughter's face!!

PS- I live just north of you in NH!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Just read your great news on RQ. FANTASTIC!!
peace
fm