Thursday, August 21, 2008

What's Next??

It's been over a week since Lily entered our lives and its been amazing. We still can't stop staring at her picture and just wondering what this little baby is like and think how blessed we are! We had her file reviewed by an International Adoption pediatrician and she confirmed what we thought, she looks like a very healthy baby! We signed our acceptance letter, filled out more paperwork and returned it all to our agency. Now we WAIT! Yes, I should be good at this by now but I want my baby home!! Our agency sends our acceptance letters back to China (first all 9 families from our travel group have to send theirs back to the agency) and then we wait for China to send us our TA (travel approval). Once our agency receives our TA's they make us our CA (consulate appointment). The CA happens at the end of the trip in Guangzhou and that is where the babies get their Visas to come home to the US. When we have our CA then the trip starts 2 weeks before that date and we know when we will travel and can start making travel arrangements. My best guess of when we will travel is sometime in October.

In the meantime I am having a fun end of the summer with the boys. They are excited about their baby sister and love making her pictures and showing off her photo. We sent a care package on Monday and hopefully it arrives safely in China. Once school starts I have to get serious about packing and other baby preparations. I have to say that for the first time in a long time I feel like myself again and that is a great feeling. I feel the JOY again!!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

melissa, i totally agree! for the first time in so long i just feel like "me"! it is incredible to finally be done with the drain of the wait. we are getting our lily-girls!!!!!

debbie

Anonymous said...

Dear Melissa,

This is Mei (Brian's wife)...we've been always thinking about your family & the little girl..We are very happy for all of you..Brian told me about the great news a few weeks ago..Today I checked out your site and see your beautiful baby girl...she is very adorable..and a bundle of joy..

I am so touch reading your post about the call...that day must have been a dream come true..it's worth the wait to have that cute little baby that meant to be for your family ...let us know when you have her home..we would love to meet Lily Mei Chun Devine...

Love
Mei Connelly

John & Michelle said...

God Bless you all! I've saved you on my sidebar so we can follow along!!! Can't wait to see yall together!
Michelle
Illinois

Michelle said...

I am SO EXCITED for you!! Lily is BEAUTIFUL and I look forward to following your journey!! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have---
Lots of love,
Michelle (Heather's Sister-in-law and Mommy to Meaghan Grace)

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at her picture and just keep laughing b/c she looks just like you. She is soo cute with that huge grin!!! Give us a new update. I love reading the blog. I still check it daily!!!

Anonymous said...

anonymous is me...sue!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place from the outside - sure it is even better inside. :-)