Monday, September 1, 2008

More Informaton


It is amazing to me that just 3 short weeks ago we received our daughter's referral. All we knew was her Chinese name, D.O.B., province, orphanage and 4 pictures of her at 4 months old. In such a short time we received pictures of this beautiful baby at 2.5 months old, a video of her in the orphanage and just last night we received 5 NEW pictures! I now have pictures of Lily from last week! She looks healthy and strong! We now know she is 16.5 lbs and has not yet gotten any teeth. I am so relieved to know that she is safe and being well cared for but at the same time she needs to be home with her family. Today may have been the day she saw her family for the first time. I sent a care package 2 weeks ago to her orphanage and today I received confirmation that the orphanage received the package and I can only hope that means the nannies are showing Lily the photo album with her mommy, daddy, big brothers and grandparents. I sent two disposable cameras and I hope that when Lily is put in our arms we will also receive more photos of her daily life in the orphanage. I sent her a taggie blanket and small stuffed animal and I hope that tonight she sleeps holding those and somehow knows that people she has never met love her more than imaginable! There are so may people to thank for this information. Here is a shout out to a few: Thanks to Stephe for motivating me months ago to have a care package ready to go, thanks to Di for giving me the letter written in Chinese to include in my care package, thanks to Carrie for sending me the pictures and video from her April visit to the orphanage and thanks to Adele at Blessed Kids for the newest pictures, measurements and confirmation that my care package has arrived. I am just so grateful for all the people who have made it possible to connect to my daughter across the world!

11 comments:

Traci said...

Hi! I've been following your blog for awhile and wanted to say congratulations on your baby girl! She is absolutely beautiful!

Nina said...

Lily is so beautiful - what a happy, smiling baby! I remember when you got your referral - is it only three weeks ago?? Congratulations again and I hope you get to travel soon!

K and/or K said...

Congratulations!! She is so incredibly adorable! Wishing you a seamless and safe trip to meet your little cutie in person!

Debbie said...

melissa, i am sooo happy for the pictures, video & information you have received. your lily is such a sweetie pie!! i can't wait to meet her one day on an east coast trip!! congrats on your beauty!!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!!! We are so very thrilled for you and she is ADORABLE!! How excited you all must be, it's been such a long emotional trip for you all. I love this site and all your blogs! Love to all, the Maguires

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Just getting my update. She's SO CUTE! I love that new picture...Can't wait 'til she's here! Make sure you post immediately when you know travel info! Talk to you soon... Susan (Greg, Maeve & Isla)

Lori said...

Look at that beautiful little mouth! OMG! Those bird shoes kill me. I'll have to get Little Miss M a pair when we go to China. Hehehehe

Hugs,
Lori**

the mommy said...

I can't get over how beautiful she is. I know you can't wait to get her in your arms...

Alright now come on TA's

Anonymous said...

just thinking of you and re-reading your posts which i love to do!

Anonymous said...

That is so amazing that Lily could be looking at pictures of you guys right now and sleeping with her taggy!I just can't wait to hold her in my arms. I can't believe that my brother and sisters are going to be in China at the same time. I'm gonna be going crazy! It was fun seeing you all tonight.


Kate :)

Anonymous said...

she is so beautiful Missy...those cheeks are so great. I can feel your excitement in your entries and am so excited for you. Enjoy getting ready for her to come home, she'll be here before you know it.
See you soon!
Carolyn