Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Fun







Great weekend! Started off with a visit from a great friend who I have known for many, many years. We had a nice visit and it was great seeing her, although I was a bit distracted by the addition to my family for the evening. We had the pleasure of babysitting my 8 week old niece, Addison. I am out of practice with infants so my entertaining skills went out the window! Sorry Aimee!! We had Addison until Saturday morning so I was up at 4AM giving her a bottle and a bit tired by Saturday afternoon. I forget how often infants eat and need their diaper changed! It was great having a little girl in the house and seeing the boys with her was just so cute. They wanted to hold her all morning and loved just holding toys up in front of her face. Shea asked when Lily was coming and was not happy with my answer. I told him she would be here around Christmas and then immediately said, "probally after Christamas". Shea was upset when I said after Christmas and it broke my heart. I sometimes forget that he has been waiting as long as us for his little sister and I am sure that 161/2 months feels a lot longer to a 4 year old! On Sunday we made the trip into Cambridge for the Dragon Boat Festival. We met our friends Dave and Sandy and Sean and Laura. The weather was beautiful and the festival was fun and filled with lots of adoptive families. I love seeing other families with their children from China and I can only hope that next year Lily can join us at the Dragon Boat festival.






























1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Yes, we are practicing changing diapers on the grands... such fun to hold and love our babies!
Now to get that call by 2008....

Alyson