Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Amazing Pictures



I found this website on Rumor Queen this weekend. Her site is about much more than just rumors! Anyways if you click on the link it takes you to a web page called A Child Right. Click on the picture in the bottom left under "news" and it will take you to a photo album with pictures of the orphanages in China. This organization brings filters into orphanages around the world that allows children to drink clean water! We take clean water for granted and after reading about this organization and the work they do I feel compelled to make a donation. This organization was in China this past May and they took lots of pictures of the children and there are pictures of very young children, including newborns. What this means is that it is possible that Lily could be in one of those pictures. Once we get her referal and find out what orphanage she is in I will defiently go back and take another look at those pictures. I was overwhelmed looking at the pictures, knowing we could be looking at our daughter or at least looking at pictures of children that could be the same age as Lily right now. I have seen pictures of the orphanages before, but if this is your first time it may be difficult to see. The hardest pictures for me to see are the ones of the infants drinking from a bottle propped up. It is a comfort to know that the children are now drinking formula with clean water and our daughter could be benefiting from this organization.

1 comment:

the mommy said...

Melissa, We all think alike...

I had all the same thoughts and feelings about these photos. I also blogged about it. it makes me happy to know that all our children are benefiting from these types of charities. I am a regular contributor to many.

Susan R