Thursday, October 11, 2007

Catching Up



The good news was that our 11/30 friends received their referrals. The bad news was that 11/30 was the cut off. PEOPLE, we are NOT making a whole lot of progress! Ok, back to the good news. So, we found out on Thursday September 27th that referrals were coming. Our friends received their long awaited phone call on Wednesday October 2nd and then they finally received their pictures on Tuesday October 9th! All the girls are absolutely beautiful and watching our dear friends during this process had been emotional, to say the least! The process worked for them and now they will hopefully be traveling to China in December. I have to have faith and lots of hope that the process will work for us. This brings me back to the not so good news. The CCAA gave referrals out for 5 days, only 3 working days. Yes, we are finally out of November but I still have no idea when we will receive our referral. I think we could still have another 6 - 8 months to wait. Does that sound familiar?? It should because that is the time frame we were told when we started this process 2 1/2 years ago! I am hoping and praying we will see some progress with the November referrals, it's all I can really do. With any luck it takes 3 months to get through Dec. and three months to get through January, that leaves us with an April referral. That is my best guess at this point. Before I sign off I would like to welcome three precious girls to our "99" family. Welcome Caroline, Lia and Sophia!! We can't wait to meet you all. If you happen to see Lily around let her know her family is ready for her!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sometimes it's so hard to wrap my head around the fact that we have at least 6-8 months left! Exactly what we thought we'd have total in the beginning. The sad part is that I remember telling myself at least once before in this process that we have 6-8 months left. When is it actually going to be true?

I wonder if Lily and Lauren have been born yet. If we truly have 6-8 months left, then they have been. Otherwise, maybe not yet. It's the unknown that sometimes drives me crazy!

I know we'll make it there someday, but I just wish we knew when.

Donna :)