Thursday, July 3, 2008

Update

Going to the beach was the best decision I could of made. I needed to distance myself from all the "adoption anxiety" and having not great Internet service was the only way it was going to happen for me. I figured I would find out all the important stuff and I did......
The cutoff is officially January 25, 2006. We are NOT receiving our referral this month. We are however absolutely NEXT!!!! Yes, I was sad and angry about not receiving our referral but I LOVE the fact that we know we will be in the next batch. The question changes from "are we in" to "WHEN". This wait is hard, the hardest thing I have ever done and at times it feels unfair. Every month someone misses the cutoff by one day and this month it was our turn.

My only concern is will the CCAA be sending out referrals before the Olympics. What if NEXT means September and not August? I did put a call into our agency and they said they have been told that matching will continue and to expect our referral at the end of July / beginning of August. After waiting 29 months I can handle 4 more weeks!


While away we did celebrate Shea's 6th Birthday. My boy is growing up! Shea is a sweet, sensitive, creative special boy. I am amazed at how wise he is and I learn something from him every day! He is an amazing big brother to Bryce and is looking foreword to loving and protecting his baby sister. Happy Birthday Shea Patrick!

4 comments:

Patrick and Aleisa Dunn said...

Knowing that you are next is huge! I promise that the best is yet to come. We just applied for our second baby and was told that we could expect to wait almost 40 months.
I cannot wait to see your precious Lily's face.
Enjoy the rest of the summer with your wonderful boys. Lily will be here before you know it.
All my best,
Aleisa Dunn
Mama to Maya Lily
Waiting for Ava Rose

Christine said...

Waiting with you Melissa! WE ARE NEXT!!!!!! what a wonderful feeling. Like you said no more wondering if...we will only be wondering WHEN! :) Maybe the August batch will come earlier than normal because they need to take off for the Olympics. :) One can always hope. Before we know it we are going to be sharing our babies' photos!! :)

Stacey said...

Melissa,
I'm glad to know you are "next"! I can't imagine how hard it feels to miss the date by one day. I've been checking in on your site and Dave's since I met you at the waiting families' meeting last summer. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of your family as you get to this final stretch!
Stacey Floyd
(Grant(4) and Amalia (1yr old from Korea's waiting child program)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you (we) are next! I can't wait to meet this bundle of joy!!! You are such an awesome mom and Pat is such an awesome dad. Lily is a lucky girl. Shea and Bryce are going to be amazing big brothers. She just needs to hurry up and get here! Your blog looks amazing by the way. Do you know that everywhere I go I am seeing ladybugs. Last week one landed on Jude while we were having lunch on the back deck in Scituate and we thought of Lily. The same day she found a penny on the deck. Signs all around of good luck...

Kate :)