Saturday, January 26, 2008

2 YEAR LID ANNIVERSARY!

2 years ago I thought that by January 2008 we would have had Lily home for a year. That is certainly not the case. We still have many months left on this journey and quite a journey it has been! So, 2 years ago China logged our dossier into their system and we have moved through the review room and now we sit somewhere in limbo. We know they have looked at our Dossier and luckily we were asked no questions. Our file is hopefully in the matching room but nobody knows how long it will take for us to be matched to our daughter. Over the past 2 years I have hit my lowest lows but I know that one day I will have my daughter home from China and all 3 of my children will be under one roof. I really hope I will not be celebrating a 3 year LID anniversary, although I know a lot of people who will. I have prepared myself for not getting a referral this summer and that we will be delayed by the 2008 Olympics. Overall, I have come to a "sort of" peace about this wait. I will be forever grateful for the gifts this wait has given me; patience, compassion, new friends, and for truly understanding how blessed I am to have 2 healthy boys! I will be a better mom to Lily than I would of been 2 years ago. Lukcily, I have the pleasure of spending the day at a wedding with some of our best friends so there will be something to celebrate!

2 comments:

the mommy said...

Melissa Not sure if congratulations is the right word but I will say it anyway. The wait has been oh so hard but you are right it has given us the blessing of new friends. I for one am grateful that I had the chance to meet and spend time with you. I know our girls will have a bond over the years. Hang in there Lily is closer then we think I can feel it.

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I'm not sure what I can say other than, one day, god willing, we'll look back at this time and laugh... before realizing that there are some diapers that need to be changed and wondering why we haven't gotten more than 4 hours of sleep at night. At least I hope so.

- Dave