Thursday, November 13, 2008

We have a mover!

After being home for 2 weeks we are still settling into a routine. Going from two to three kids was a bigger adjustment than I thought. I am amazed at just how much my laundry has grown! I am so lucky to have an amazing group of friends who are bringing us meals twice a week, so we are eating well. Lily is crawling EVERYWHERE, but luckily she has not yet found the stairs. When I leave the room she is never far behind me! We have had a busy week that included getting blood work, which was traumatizing! The lab was unable to find a vein and had to get blood from the finger and we still have more blood to get in order to get all the test done. We attended our last waiting families meeting at our agency. It is a tradition that once you get your baby you return to the meeting with the child and give the others still waiting some words of wisdom. After 3 years it was nice to be the family with the baby! Lily is still dealing with Eczema and a few other skin irritations and she is extremely itchy. I am really hoping that once Lily becomes less itchy she will sleep a little better. We are still battling sleep issues and I have resorted to sleeping on the floor in her room. There is small improvement each night and I think we will eventually get a full nights sleep but I don't think its anytime soon. I am hoping our third week home will bring a little more sleep and a little more routine but either way its all good because I am finally a mom of 3!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Just beautiful!! She is so darn cute.
Sharon

Stephe said...

Awe, she's just too darn cute! Look at her pushing that big thing around. I think I must get Giorgia one. I can't believe you've only been home two weeks!!!! It seems like so much longer than that!!!

LOVE, LOVE, the photo of all your kiddo!!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

We fight that itchy skin battle every day in the winter with Ally. We put thick cream on her in the morning and evening. She will say, "scratch me, mommy". We even have the prescription hydrocortizong, but it just takes the edge off for a few minutes! Hope hers improves!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy ~ Lily is adorable!!!! Can't believe you guys have been home 3 weeks! Hope the sleep gets better soon, it's tough to deal with that and the adjustment of having 3 kids. At Children's we would always bath rash/itchy babies in Aveeno baths. You probably have tried everything...but just in case you hadn't done that, they usually like it too. Then you can try aquaphor lotion, I think it's over the counter now. Hang it there...these weeks will pass and life will get back to a "new" normal. Hope to see you all soon!!
Hugs to Lily ~ Carolyn

Alyson and Ford said...

Hoping for updated news! She is adorable! Hope all is getting better each day!

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy