Thursday, November 6, 2008

First Week

We have been home for one week. I am 10 times more tired than I expected but it is slowly getting better and its all so worth it! Lily is adjusting well, she loves to eat and play! She is not a fan of sleeping, especially in her crib! I forgot how HARD sleep deprivation is but it is slowly getting better each night. Lily is sooo good when she is awake but I think she releases the stress of all that has happened in the past 2 weeks during the night. She sleeps for about 2 hours at a time and then needs to be reassured and put back to sleep by either rocking or walking. I have walked a lot of miles in my upstairs hallway!


Watching Lily eat is one of my most favorite times of the day. The girl will eat anything! She likes bananas, pears, peaches, carrots, green beans, avocados (spread on a cracker), rice, soup, noodles, pasta, meatballs, chicken, oatmeal and of course her cheerios! She still has no teeth but that does not stop the eating machine!










Lily and cousin Tommy meet for first time


Lily's gross motor skills amaze me! She is crawling and starting to really explore the house. Now she will leave the room and start to wander..I'm in trouble! She pulls herself up and can stand for a few seconds without holding anything! We introduced a push toy to her tonight and I think we are only days away from her walking behind it.



Lily has been a real trooper and has been carted around everywhere this week. Pat went back to work on Monday and the boys had their regular activities. Lily was perfect in Church, went to the boys swim lessons, cub scouts, and a few other appointments. She has met her cousins and a few friends and really seems to enjoy other kids. Every day we see Lily come out of her shell a little more, laugh a little more and really start to realize we are her family. There is nothing better than her reaching out to her mommy and daddy, it melts my heart! She turned 9 months old yesterday and although I can't wait to see what Lily will be doing in the next few months I also want time to stop. I want to enjoy her as she is now before she gets any bigger! I think every day how lucky we are to have her with us and how worth the wait she was!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy thanks so much for putting up the first week pictures! I loved seeing her with Shea, Bryce, and Tommy!!! She fits right in :)

Anonymous said...

The last post was Megan! Sorry!

Paula said...

It's amazing isn't it? Even though the wait was horrible, after meeting your child you realize it was so worth it. I totally agree about wishing time would stop sometimes; I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I went to China, I don't know where the time's gone.

Sharon said...

Melissa:

Love the photos. She's so darn cute. I love those cheeks. I totally get the wanting to stop time, but at the same time excited to watch them learn and grow. I'm so happy for you and Pat. You have a beautiful family.

All the best,
Sharon

Debbie said...

oh my goodness -- she is so darling! i love seeing her with the boys. i've been thinking about you guys & praying for smooth transition.

all the best - debbie

Lori said...

Awww, I love the photo of all three kids together. So cute !! We're so happy for you !

Hugs,
Lori**

the mommy said...

Melissa it is so good to hear things are going well. The picture of the 3 kids together is just heart warming..Things just get better from here..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby girl. Congratulations!

The Dalto's

Anonymous said...

Your family is beautiful! Congratulations! I look forward to our day to complete our family,