Monday, November 19, 2007

Hope and Perseverance

Hope without perseverance is anxiety. This is what was talked about during the homily at church yesterday. These words resonated with me. They were said and I knew exactly what they meant to me. In order to get through this wait I need both; hope and perseverance. I have hope most times and I feel like I am persevering but I know that sometimes I have lost hope and I have felt like giving up and my anxiety about our adoption goes up. I plan on holding on to these words for the next few months, I think I will need them!

Our "99er" friends found out that they leave on December 6th and return on December 19th. They will be united with their daughters on Dec. 10th. I am so excited for them and can't believe in a few short weeks 3 of the "99er" girls will be home with their families!! I am starting to feel like we are getting closer but I think it is only because our friends are so close to having their girls and it feels like it should be happening for us. Referrals should be arriving in 2 weeks and we will have a better idea if we are still on track for April. I plan on spending the rest of the week preparing for Thanksgiving. Let the cooking begin!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

life without hope is not a life...no matter what we go thru we need to hope that life will get better... you know when you hold your daughter in your arms you will know what hope means... praying for ccaa speed up for all the people waiting ...linda

Anonymous said...

Lily is in your heart. May she soon be in the loving arms of your family.

Debbie said...

Melissa, Thanks for this post. Such an encouragement to me as we hope & persevere our way to our Lily-girls in China.