Sunday, August 19, 2007

Waiting.....At the Beach

Last week I missed the second consecutive waiting families meeting at our agency. I decided to take a break after the June meeting because it was getting difficult to sit through them and I was feeling worse about the wait after the meetings. The best part about the meetings is seeing the "99"ers; so this week I had waiting meetings at the beach! On Thursday Marilee and her son Jack came to visit the boys and I at the beach. We had a great day and talked about all the things Marilee needs to do because hopefully she will be getting her referral in October!! On Saturday Nancy and Tom, another "99er" couple came to visit us at the beach. We withstood the wind and spent a few hours at the beach and then went back to the house for apps, dinner and a beautiful sunset. Our friends; Greg,Sue and their daughter Maeve, who are regulars at the beach, also joined us! Sue is an avid reader of my blog and now understands the China adoption process and understands all the lingo. Sue was able to join in on our excitement because Nancy and Tom will also be hopefully getting a referral in October!! I will use this opportunity to say thank you to Sue for taking the time to understand this process and for cheering us all on during this wait!! Sue and Greg also have the most amazing daughter. Maeve is a beautiful child who has stolen my heart this summer. I get to see her at the beach almost everyday and she always has a hug for me, it's like she knows that I need a little extra loving this summer! Maeve loves the boys and I love seeing them all together. Thanks Maeve!

I think I will be making a comeback to the agencies meetings in September and hopefully we will be looking foreward to all our November friends getting referrals in October. Something good in this proess needs to happen soon for me because even with a great summer I am feeling "burned out" on this wait. It is hard to belive that we could still have another 6 - 8 months before our referral, that was the timeframe when we first started!! I finally figured out how to add pictures at the end of my post, enjoy!


The boys and Maeve









Enjoying a sunset


Tom and Nancy braving the elements at the beach

2 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

You're alomost to your #19 LID Anniversary! Congrats. Yes, the wait is very long...

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Anonymous said...

OMG, I just am catching up on your blog since we were away last week with NO COMPUTER! You are TOO sweet...You know I'm just too excited for the arrival of a BABY! Lily is SO special and we cannot wait. Maeve can't wait either and they will be fast friends. She's needing a "Missy and boys" fix so I'm hoping you'll be at the beach today. Looking forward to this weekend,
Hugs,
Susan
Oh and LOVE the pic...too cute.