Thursday, August 9, 2007

Back from R & R

Pat and I just got back from a few days of vacation in Newport, R.I. We had a wonderful time that consisted of sleeping, eating, drinking and a little reading. After a pedi and a massage I am feeling very relaxed!! The boys had a wonderful time with Nana and Papa and I got lots of hugs from them when I returned. We were gone 3 nights and we were just dying to get back to see them. I am just not sure how I will survive 2 WEEKS in China without my boys!!

While on vacation I actually had time to watch a little T.V. and I saw a news story about a group of soldiers who just returned from duty in Iraq. This story really put my wait in perspective. These brave men and women served 22 MONTHS over in Iraq! Their families waited 22 months for them to return, not knowing if they ever really would come back. A lot of these reservist had just returned from Bosnia when they then got deployed to Iraq. I can't iamgine not having Pat around fro 22 months and how hard it must be for these soldiers to have so much time away from their family. I am not happy with my 18 month wait, never mind the 24 months I will probally wait but at least I know Lily will be coming home to her family at the end. I do not know any one personally serving overseas but I will defiently be saying a few extra prayers from now on for our brave men and women serving our country and for their families!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Melissa, I totally agree. WOW - the brave soldiers & the families put all of this waiting into the right perspective. Thank you for the reminder. God bless you & your sweet family.