Thursday, February 5, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Lily is a one year old girl...no longer an infant but a toddler!! Everyday she is walking more than the day before and her laugh and giggles get a little louder. We celebrated with a spaghetti and meatball dinner..as you tell she really enjoys her Italian. Today was a day that I thought a lot about being Thankful. I am so thankful for:

The beautiful baby that entered our lives on October 20, 2008.

That Lily's birth mother choose Life.

That China has allowed us the privilege to parent one of their daughters.
That Lily was well cared for and loved in the Yugan Orphanage.

That Lily only spent 8.5 months in the orphanage.

That we were able to be together for 3.5 months before her first birthday. This was truly a gift!

That we saw Lily's first tooth, Christmas, step, word, clap, kiss, point and her first birthday!

That Lily loves to be hugged, cuddled, rocked and kissed!

That she has two wonderful big brothers who love and protect her!

Even with all that I have to be thankful for I can't help but feel some sadness today. Sadness that a women and maybe a family are grieving for the daughter they let go a year ago today. Sadness that Lily's birth mom will never know how loved and safe her daughter is. My only wish is that somehow this birth mom will someday feel peace about her decision. I am so thankful that I have Lily Mei Chun as a daughter.

6 comments:

Patrick and Aleisa Dunn said...

Happy Birthday Lily!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Love,
Aleisa, Patrick and Maya Lily Dunn
Celebration, Florida

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Lily! Hope you had a wonderful day
Love Kathy,Erik and Emma

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Melissa... Your post is so heartfelt and so TRUE! I wish Lily a Happy Birthday! I am so happy for your family! What a special time!

Mónica said...

Hi. I found your blog from my sister's who is adopting from China. I love the post and the pictures! And I understand your feelings of sadness for the family back in China. God Bless you all and Happy Birthday Lily!

Dita said...

What a beautiful post for a beautiful girl.

Congratulations, Lily!

Natalie said...

Lily is just adorable. Congratulations on your sweet angel pie and Happy Birthday Lily!