Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hitting The Slopes

We took our first family vacation as a family of five. We went up to Sunday River for a few days of skiing and overall I think it was a success. Lily did great during the 4 hour car drive and sleeping in her Pack and Play, both of which I was nervous about. I was surprised at how well she slept the first night and then we had a tragedy. We lost Taggie! Taggie is her blanket that she has formed a strong attachment to and I did not realize how strong until it was lost. We got very little sleep the 2nd night and Lily was clearly looking for it. Luckily the next morning someone at the ski school found Taggie outside in the snow and we had a great 3rd night! What is interesting is that she has 2 Taggies but prefers the one that I had slept with for a few months before she came home. Next time we go away I will pack both Taggies just in case we have another disaster. The boys did great skiing. They both did 3 days of ski school and by the third day Brcye could go up the chair lift and ski down the mountain..very exciting!!I now have 2 skiers in the family. Unfortunately, Patrick did not get much skiing in because he decided to spend quality time with Lily. We decided not to put Lily in the daycare and thought we would just switch off. I ended up skiing all 3 days and it was wonderful! Thank you Patrick!!

We have been home for 2 days and Lily has taken her first steps!! She took a few steps independently tonight and we are so excited!! I am hoping to capture it on video tomorrow. Stay tuned..
Lily enjoying lunch at the Foggy Goggle with mom and dad; our favorite slopeside restaurant! Lily learned how to blow kisses..so sweet!

Shea coming down the mountain slow and steady. Shea is the taller one.

Bryce coming down the mountain fast and furious.

3 comments:

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Sounds like a wonderful family vacation! Congratulations on Lily's first steps! She making great progress and just is adorable!

Wanda

Kathy said...

Melissa,
Sounds like you had a nice time. Looks like the weather was nice. I love the pictures of Lily in the lodge(at least tthat is where I think it was taken). Just think before long Lily will be running everywhere.
Kathytrobon

Alyson and Ford said...

I am jealous! Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Sunday River in MA or ME?

Alyzabeth's Mommy for 4.5 Months!