Tuesday, January 20, 2009

3 Month Together


It was 3 months ago today that we were in Jiangxi, China and Lily was placed in our arms. We were awake very early that morning because we were so excited and anxious for what was to happen at 10:00AM. I remember sitting in the lobby of the hotel and I was just talking and talking..I think Patrick, Kathy, Erik, Dave & Sandy had to tolerate my nervous chatter! We finally were able to get on the bus for the 10 minute bus drive to the Provincial office were we would meet our daughter for the first time. We walked into the building and took an elevator to the 26th floor and then we waited again. The babies were being brought to us by the orphanage staff and they were running a little late. We used that time to prepare bottles, cameras and to get the toys ready. We had no idea how Lily would react to us. The girls finally arrived and we were the 3rd family called. I remember seeing her and thinking she looks just like her picture but her cheeks were all red. Lily was placed into my arms and she snuggles right in, she was a perfect fit. I never want to forget those first moments..I had waited so long for that moment! I think back to those first few days and it is only now that I realize how shut down Lily was. In the three months we have been together her true personality has really expressed itself. Lily has brought so much joy to our family..and honestly I would wait all over again to have this precious child in our lives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tears of joy coming your way!
Denise

Michelle said...

Wow 3 months already!! Isn't amazing how fast time passes with her home? I hope you are enjoying some of Meg's clothes. It sounds like Lily and Meg might be wearing the same size soon -- my poor peanut!

Paula said...

Isn't it amazing how fast time flies?! I was watching Samantha Brown in Beijing tonight and it felt like I was there so recently yet in a couple weeks, it'll have actually been 2 years ago.

Anonymous said...

And all this time I thought that you were putting up with my mindless chattering on that morning. :)

- Dave