Monday, April 20, 2009

6 Months Together!


It was 6 months ago today that Lily was placed into our arms. In so many ways it feels like forever ago that we were in China. Our family of five is into a nice routine but there are still so many first with Lily remind us daily that Lily is truly a newbie to our family. Today she went to her first Boston Marathon and later this week she will have her first trip to the zoo! Everytime we celebrate a holiday I feel so blessed to have all 3 of my babies with me and this past Easter was no different. Lily is quickly becoming a toddler in every way. Her walking is turning into running, she is testing the limits and learning what "no" really means and she is becoming a pickier eater. Lily is keeping us on our toes! We all love to hear her laugh..such a beautful sound, her speech is starting to pick up and each day we hear a new word. Some of Lily's favorite things to do are to be outside or to grab a book and plop down in the middle of our lap and have it read. When I want her to go with me somewhere in the house I will put my hand down and she will hold it and follow along. She is my little shadow.

I refelected on the wait tonight when I was giving Lily her bedtime bottle. I had such a hard time with the wait..I am not a good waiter for anything. Even with all the frustratiuon, sadness and anger that I felt during the wait I would not change it. The wait made me the person I am today and taught me so much but most importantly I have my Lily Mei-Chun from Jiangxi Province that was truly destined to be our daughter and sister. I find myself appreciating all the small things that I think I may have missed when the boys were this age and I think I am a better mother to all 3 of my kids becasue of the lessons I learned through the wait. Although I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring us I am content in just enjoying Lily and the boys the way they are right now!

6 Months Ago 10/20/08 and then today




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she looks so grown up! i cannot wait to come home and play with her. (and my boys.)

_Megan

the mommy said...

That is a beautiful post. Congrats! Melissa. It is amazing how the time before referral was so long and now the time is going by s quickly. I am with you enjoy every moment of the way they are right now...

Paula said...

It is SO amazing how time flies. Your little girl is absolutely adorable!